The date has been set for our
Banquet Recognition Party!
It will be held on
THURSDAY, JULY 27TH
AT 6:30 PM
Please mark your calendars now!
Slide Show– If you have any pictures of your kids from this year from any 4-H events please email them to me at email@example.com
DUE BY Wednesday, JULY 5th!
Remember to fill out and turn in your animal and non-animal project forms if you want to be recognized at banquet. We want every 4-Her to be recognized for their accomplishments.
Forms can be picked up at the office or downloaded here:
(forms are fillable pdf files. Download the file, save it. Then open and begin typing in the highlighted fields. Then save and print it out, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bring forms to the Extension Office or email them to email@example.com
by 5 pm on Wednesday, July 5th.
Applications for all Star Awards are due
in the County Extension Office
by 5 pm on Wednesday, July 5th
Download Application here: STAR AWARDS APPLICATION
(Application is a fillable pdf file. Download the file, save it. Then open and begin typing in the highlighted fields. Then save and print it out, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Download Guidelines here: Star Awards Guidelines
The Gold Star Award is the highest county achievement award. The award will be presented to the most deserving young people without regard to sex. The following requirements must be met:
- The member must be at least 15 years of age as of January 1 of the current year and must have completed at least 3 years in 4-H including the current year.
- The 4-H member must submit an awards program record book in the year he or she is to be considered for the award.
- Must have attended 2/3 of their regularly scheduled 4-H club meetings.
- The 4-H member must have completed projects in three different project areas, including submission of appropriate record forms, and have participated in one or more activities in at least three of the following areas: Method Demonstration/4-H Presentation; Contests; Project Exhibits; Projects; Camps; Leadership Lab; Citizenship Activities (volunteer work, etc.); Public Relations (demonstrations, speeches, poster displays, radio, TV newspaper, etc.); Other (exchange programs, fund-raising, State and National Congress)
- During his or her years in 4-H, the member must have exhibited leadership skills by serving as 4-H officer or committee chairman (club, county, district or state) and/or as a junior or teen leader in an activity or project with or under the supervision of an adult volunteer program.
- The 4-H member must have participated in one or more community service activities. Examples are working or counseling with junior 4-H members; participating in community service projects (individual, group or club-type); and motivating other 4-H members through participation in demonstrations, projects and/or exhibits.
Note: It is not expected that the above requirements for projects and activities all be completed in the current year. They may have been accomplished over the entire period of time the 4-H’er has been in the program.
The 4-H Gold Star winner(s) will receive a special award in addition to a plaque to be determined by a committee. Up to two winners are possible.
The Silver Star Award can be awarded to up to two 12 – 14 year old 4-Hers. Requirements: Must have two different project areas; must have attended either Leadership Lab or County Camp, or must have served as an officer and have attended at least two-thirds of the regularly scheduled 4-H meetings. Silver Star Award winners will each receive a plaque.
The Bronze Star Award can be awarded to a maximum of two 9 – 11 year old 4-Hers. Requirements: Must be involved in at least two different project areas; must have participated in at least three activities; must have at least on year of 4-H work; must have attended at least two-thirds of the regularly scheduled 4-H meetings. Bronze Star Award winners will each receive a plaque.
All Gold, Silver and Bronze Star applicants must create a display of their involvement in 4-H and complete an interview with a panel of judges on June 24th at the Extension Office.
And don’t forget about nominations for
Adult Leader, Junior Leader, and Friend of 4-H.
These awards are one way we can show our volunteers and sponsors how much we appreciate their hard work in our 4-H program.
Nominations for Friend of 4-H Award, Outstanding Leader Award and Junior Leader Award
are due in the Extension Office
by Wednesday, July 5th.
Here are nomination guidelines:
FRIEND OF 4-H AWARD
- One Friend of 4-H Award may be presented to an individual, business, company, or other group who has contributed to the success and expansion of 4-H in ErathCounty. This award should not be awarded to 4-H leaders or others who are directly involved in the 4-H Program.
- Award may be received only one time in a five-year period of time.
- Any 4-H club or individual may submit nominations using the nomination form. Forms are available from the County Extension Office.
- An engraved plaque will be presented at the County Awards Banquet. Until then the name of the recipient will be kept secret.
OUTSTANDING LEADER AWARD
- A maximum of two Outstanding Leader Awards, regardless of gender, will be given each year. The recipients will receive an engraved plaque.
- Each club may nominate up to two leaders from the county for this award. The nomination must be made on the form provided by the County Extension Office.
- Applications will be judged during the Gold, Silver and Bronze Star Award applications process.
- The names of the winners will be kept secret and announced at the County 4-H Awards Banquet.
- This award can be received only once within a ten-year period of time.
- The winners will be nominated for the District 8 4-H Distinguished Adult Leaders Award.
4-H JUNIOR LEADER AWARD
- One 4-H Junior Leader Award may be presented to a Senior 4-H member (14 – 19 years old) who serves an important leadership role. The 4-H Junior Leader is one who assists with carrying out 4-H events and also serves as a positive role model for younger 4-H members.
- The 4-H Junior Leader Award recipient will be selected during the Gold, Silver and Bronze Star application process.
- The 4-H Junior Leader Awards winner will be recognized at the banquet.
- Individuals will be nominated through their 4-H Clubs.